In the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Department of Criminal Justice Services (VA DCJS) is the regulatory agency with authority over Private Security Services (PSS) and the Private Investigations (PI) industry.
Please Contact VA DCJS for the latest information on topics including, but not limited to:
- How to apply for and renew any Registration, Certification or License.
- How to apply for and renew any Business License.
- How to apply for and renew any Training School Certification.
- Where to obtain Applications and Forms.
- Learning about Entry Level and In Service Training Requirements.
- Reviewing Reciprocity Agreements.
- Reviewing the current Commonwealth of Virginia Code and Regulations.
- Searching for any Registrant, Certification Holder, Licensee and Business.
- Information about the Private Security Memorial.
- Commonwealth of Virginia Private Security Regulatory Programs.
For more information about any of these topics, please visit the VA DCJS website.